Washington, DC - WSRI Executive Director Jim Fendig announced, "WSRI is asking for proposals for a WSRI funded Research Project. The project should be designed to have the potential to benefit the wood fiber supply chain and improve the efficiency and productivity of the fiber delivery process from the stump to the mill."
Crad Jaynes, WRSI Chairman noted, "WSRI has one product and that is research. We are seeking new and meaningful projects to be submitted by educators, WSRI members, and other interested organizations. WSRI will also consider funding a wood fiber supply chain project that is currently underway so it can become a joint project (partially funded by WSRI) and made available to all interested parties."
Fendig requested that the suggestions for research projects adhere to the following guidelines:
- Be brief, consisting of three paragraphs with the first paragraph establishing background information for project consideration.
- The second paragraph should state expected project deliverables.
- The third paragraph should state how final project data might be used.
Please submit your suggested research projects to WSRI Executive Director email@example.com by March 1, 2016.
After receipt the following actions on suggested research projects will be taken:
- The WSRI Technical Committee will review all suggested research projects and will identify a priority research project.
- Qualified research organizations will be asked to submit proposals to conduct the research project.
- The Technical Committee will select the successful proposal and enter into an Agreement with the winner to conduct the Research Project.
- The Technical Committee will be responsible for overseeing the research project to a successful conclusion.
- Research projects can take up to two years to complete, but normally take 12 months before being completed and published.